On January 4, the Secretary for Food and Health of the HKSAR, Mr Stephen CHAN, said there had been seven cases of suspected pneumonia following a visit to Wuhan, four of which had been discharged and the remaining three were in stable condition.
On the same day, the Government announced the launch of the \"Preparedness and Response Plan for New Infectious Diseases of Public Health \"(Contingency Plan).
According to the HKSAR Government's press release, the contingency plan has three levels, namely, alertness, severity and emergency, which are initiated on the basis of a risk assessment of \"new types of infectious diseases of public health importance\" that can affect Hong Kong and its health implications for the community.
The National Health and Health Council previously reported that there were unexplained cases of viral pneumonia cases in Wuhan, and the SAR government then made a risk assessment and initiated a \"severe\" response level. At this level, the real-time impact of \"new infectious diseases that are important to public health\" on public health is moderate.
According to the Hong Kong Wireless News (TVB) report on Thursday, the Secretary for Food and Health, Mr Chan, said that as at the early hours of the morning of the 4 day, HA had received seven suspected cases of discomfort after returning to Wuhan. Three of them remained in the hospital and the situation was stable.
Chen said all seven people had not been to the local wet market in wuhan, not severe pneumonia, and said they had established a communication mechanism with the state health and health commission and did not rule out sending people to wuhan to learn about the situation.
At the same time, preventive measures have been stepped up at Hong Kong's ports.The Hong Kong Chief Executive, Mrs Carrie Lam, accompanied by Mr Chan, went to the Kowloon West Rail Station on Wednesday to inspect the preventive measures taken at the entry and exit ports, including providing health information, monitoring the temperature of visitors with infrared cameras and following up fever passengers, according to the Hong Kong Report.
Mrs Lam said that although there were no serious cases of pneumonia related to Wuhan in Hong Kong, the HKSAR Government had strengthened its prevention and control measures, including health monitoring and hygiene measures at entry and exit ports.
In addition, according to the Wuhan City Health and Health Committee on the afternoon of the 3rd, as of 8 o'clock on January 3,2020, a total of 44 patients with viral pneumonia diagnosed in accordance with unknown causes were found, of which 11 were severe, and the remaining patients had overall stable vital signs. At present, all cases have been isolated in Wuhan medical institutions, and 121 close contacts have been traced to parallel medical observation, and the tracking of close contacts is still in progress.